Thai Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl
Serves: 4, sauce makes 1 cup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
2 tsp Picky Picky Peanut Oil
250g firm tofu, cut into cubes
2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks or spiralized
¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
1 avocado, sliced
2 x spring onion, thinly sliced, to garnish
1 tbsp black sesame seeds, to garnish
4 x tbsp Picky Picky Sweet Chilli & lime peanuts, to garnish
¾ cup coconut milk
½ cup Bega Peanut Butter Smooth
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cup brown sugar
Fresh lime juice
1. Cook brown rice according to packet instructions. Set aside.
2. Combine all peanut sauce ingredients in a large blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
3. Heat peanut oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Fry tofu for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
4. Lightly steam broccolini for 2-3 minutes.
5. Divide brown rice, tofu, broccolini, carrots, cabbage, and avocado between the 4 bowls.
6. Top each bowl with spring onion, sesame seeds, Picky Picky Sweet Chilli and Lime peanuts and a drizzle of peanut sauce. Serve.