Satay Chicken Skewers with Peanuts and Pickled Cucumber & Carrot Salad
Serves: 4, sauce makes 1 cup
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
1 large carrot, sliced thinly into matchsticks
1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly into matchsticks
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp caster sugar
500g chicken breast, cut into cubes
12 x Bamboo skewers, pre-soaked
2 tbsp Picky Picky Peanut Oil
½ tbsp Picky Picky Peanut Oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Bega Simply Nuts Peanut Butter
300ml coconut milk
2 tbsp Sweet Chilli & Lime Picky Picky Peanuts, to serve
1. To make pickled carrot and cucumber salad, combine carrot, cucumber, lime juice and sugar in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine. Stand for 30 minutes then drain. Set aside.
2. To make satay sauce, heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic, onion and chilli over a moderate heat until onion is soft. Add the sugar and stir until slightly caramelised. Add the soy sauce and Simply Nuts and stir through. Add a little coconut milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency. Set aside.
3. Thread chicken onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
4. Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat with peanut oil. Cook skewers on char-grill pan for 3-5 minutes each side until cooked through.
5. Serve chicken skewers with satay sauce and pickled cucumber and carrot salad. Sprinkle Sweet Chilli & Lime Picky Picky Peanuts over skewers before serving.